Sunday 24 April 2016

Gujia

                                 
Gujia

Every year I wait for Holi festival desperately as I am fond of sweet snack Gujia .This year I was determined to learn recipe  of Gujia from my dear friend Rachna who is expert in that  . So after Holi festival I went to her home to learn Gujia recipe, She gave  me every single detail of the recipe .she guided me properly even over the phone
 when I was making Gujia at home.
When I got success in making delicious Gujia, I was jumping with joy  after  tasting it ,as I achieved a great thing .She has always been a great support to me in every aspect either it is cooking or something else . 


 Here is the recipe.

 Category - sweet snacks
 Time - 1 hour 30 minutes.

Ingredients

 For Filling 

  • Khoya/ Mawa - 250 gm. 
  • Sugar powder. 2 table spoon
  • Grated coconut - 1/2 
  • Chironji- 50 gm.
  • Green cardamom crushed or powder- 6-7
  • kishmish - 50 gm 


Mix all ingredients well and parch it for 2 minutes on the low flame then keep it aside to get cool.



To make dough


    • Maida( refind flour-250 gm 
    • Refined oil -1 small bowl 

    How to Make 

    Mix oil in maida and rub it gently and make a stiff dough with little milk . Cover it with a plate or muslin cloth  and set aside for 10 minutes .then  make  small - small ball out of the dough. Roll out like puri and keep it on the Gujia maker and place stuffing on it , cover the lid of the  Gujia maker a little tightly , open it and  take gujia out  gently of the gujia maker . 
    Heat cooking oil in a big pan  and slide gently 5 - 6 gujia  in the pan at a time . Fry it on the low flame till it turn golden  brown .

    Gujia is ready to serve. 

     Happy Cooking !!!
     Arshia Zaidi


    Gujia 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Comments system

    Disqus Shortname