Tuesday 11 September 2012

Fried White Bread Dessert

                               Shahi Toast / Shahi Tukda



 best Indian recipe,  Best Indian  sweet dishes
Shahi Toast/ Shahi Tukda

Shahi Toast  is  the dish  which my mummy` used to cook for my Daddy . This dish is my  father's favourite dish. Although I try  to pamper my daddy  with this Dish , but I still miss  my mother's  taste of Shahi Toast . 
This dish is  very  rich in  calories, so people do not want to  eat it often...  even I enjoy it occasionally.
On special occasions or  formal dinner it goes great.
Yesterday I  invited  newly wed couple at my place for  a formal dinner. We are  quite  close  and  friendly, so I asked them , what they want to  have for  dessert , they said.. Shahi Tukda!



Category-  sweet dish/ Indian dessert

People- 6
Time- 1/2 hour approx

For Shahi Toast you will be needing- 

  • White Bread slices-12 pieces
  • Refined oil to fry
  • Sugar-3 cup
  • Milk (full cream)- 1/2 cup
  • (optional)
  • Water -3 glass
  • Saffron  colour- 1/2 tea spoon
  • Fresh cream- one bowl
 fried bread, white  fried  bread
fried Toast


 sugar  syrup, chashni,
Chashni (sugar syrup)




 sahi tukda , shahi toast.
Toast soaked in chashni


Method-

Cut White bread pieces in triangle shape and fry it in hot oil  till  it  turn light brown. Take a big pan, prepare the chashni (sugar syrup) with 3 glass of water  and   3 cup of sugar. Add saffron colour to get  the beautiful reddish orange  texture , boil it  till it turn  into sticky sugar syrup (ek taar ki chashni)  and reduce the chashni  till 1/3 of its  quantity . Now dip fried pieces of bread in the chashni . let it cool. Take out  sugar syrup soaked bread  pieces in the serving plate ....very gently.  Apply fresh cream on  it and enjoy the delicious  taste of  shahi toast.
best Indian sweet dishes, best Indian  desserts. bread recipes
 Shahi Tukda/ Shahi Toast 
Add half cup of milk in chashni, if shahi toast has  got some  hardness.

Happy cooking!!! 
   Arshia Zaidi








No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments system

Disqus Shortname